CAMICB sent reminder notices this week to individuals who need to recertify and/or pay their annual service fee by April 1, 2014. Here are a few helpful links:
- Recertification application
- Recertify online
- Continuing education
- Are you due for recertification?
- Pay your annual service fee
- Recertification requirements
- Continuing education worksheet
A few things to note:
- It is the responsibility of each CMCA to provide documentation of their 16 hours of continuing education at the time of recertification. CAMICB does not track your CEs. If you took a class with CAI, please log into their website (caionline.org) to print out a certificate of completion.
- Only courses completed between April 1, 2012 and April 1, 2014 present will count as continuing education.
- If you have held an active AMS, PCAM, FL CAM, NV CAM or NAHC-RCM for at least a year, this will satisfy your CMCA continuing education requirement.
- Credit hours may be earned only for education that meets either of the following criteria: It pertains to community association operations or management and/or it contributes to the professional development of the CMCA.
- The CMCA Annual Service Fee is $105.00. Oftentimes this fee is confused with CAI’s individual manager membership. Recently, CAI increased the rate of the individual manager membership from $130.00 to $134.00. While CAMICB maintains an affiliate relationship with CAI, we are an independent credentialing body: separately incorporated, governed by an independent Board of Trustees, and guided in the administration of our program by the standards of our accrediting body, the National Commission for Certifying Agencies. We are not a membership organization; we do not collect membership dues. We assess our credential holders an annual maintenance fee which is used to support the development and delivery of our core exam and the operation of our program in accordance with best practices in professional credentialing.
Roland Richardson, Certification Assistant, is happy to assist you with the recertification process. Contact Roland at email@example.com with any questions