Excerpts from Tips for Planning Your Association’s Year-End Celebration, written by Emily Bratcher, Contributing Editor, for Associations Now, a publication of the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE). Read full article.
The end of 2017 is drawing near, which means it’s time for organizations to start planning their year-end celebrations. The Society for Human Resource Management offers a few tips.
- Consider your culture – [I]t’s more important for the celebration … to be perceived as genuine and sincere.
- Consider an activity – Sometimes planning a staff outing is a refreshing change of pace.
- Consider family – If your workplace touts itself as family friendly … then end-of-year celebration could be a good time to show it.
- Consider timing – End of year is busy for everyone. If you’re behind the eight ball with planning, consider a celebration early in the new year.
- Consider liabilities – Consider whether or not serving alcohol will be a party pleaser or a party pooper.