By Drew Mulhare, CMCA, AMS, LSM, PCAM, Chair of the CAMICB Board of Commissioners
It was a privilege to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Community Association Managers International Certification Board at the recent CAI Annual Conference & Expo: Community Now. After more than 18 long months, we safely gathered with industry colleagues and friends from all over the country for educational sessions, business partners and managers meetings, networking and a bustling exhibit hall. The energy was palpable.
To mark the organization’s 25th Anniversary, CAMICB produced a short video that focuses on two working professional managers, speaking candidly about the impact the decision they made at the start of their careers—to earn the CMCA credential—has had over the years, as they have built successful careers in professional community association management. They exemplify the essence of the CMCA credential. We proudly premiered the video at the conference; for those of you who weren’t with us in person, or haven’t had a chance to take a look, please go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHEXLsS1DZg.
Reflecting On CAMICB’s Mission & Milestones
CAMICB has a singular mission: to administer the CMCA examination at the highest level and to award and maintain the CMCA credential as a benchmark of commitment to professionalism in the field of community association management.
CAMICB was founded to serve the field of community association management: to offer a professional credentialing examination that would begin to firmly establish community association management as a discrete profession. Today, we’re honored to represent the nearly 22,000 CMCA credentialed managers worldwide.
As an organization, we’re proud of what CAMICB has accomplished over the course of the past quarter century:
- We’ve provided a cornerstone upon which thousands of professional managers have built their careers, moving on to earn the prestigious designations offered by CAI and maintaining a commitment to continue to grow professionally through on-going continuing education.
- We’ve built an examination program accredited—and, now, twice re-accredited—against the rigorous standards of the National Commission for Certifying Agencies: independent, third party validation of CAMICB’s commitment to maintaining the CMCA examination and the CMCA credential in compliance with best practices in professional certification.
- This past year, CAMICB was recognized by the ANSI National Accreditation Board as complying with ISO/IEC Standard 17024: the highest level of international, globally recognized accreditation awarded to a professional credentialing body.
- We’ve established CAMICB as a strong, independent, autonomous professional credentialing body while maintaining and strengthening a strategic alliance with CAI, an alliance which has benefited both organizations as we support a shared commitment to professionalism in the field and to rigorous continuing education, in the United States and around the world.
- We’ve worked since the awarding of the first CMCA credential to promulgate a set of Standards of Professional Conduct which offer the residents our credential holders serve an assurance that their credentialed manager has attested to compliance with the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct.
And, we’ve never lost sight of the fact that the credential functions to support the individuals who strive to build successful, rewarding careers in professional community association management and, in turn, to support the residents of the communities they manage. Finally, we are grateful for – and applaud – our CMCAs who continue to tirelessly navigate a difficult Pandemic landscape to make sure the health and wellbeing of the residents and communities they manage remain a top priority as the COVID- 19 Pandemic lingers on.